Tuesday 16 August 2011

Saalam Namaste Delhi!!

OMG! Finally I have arrived! While most of the York Interns are just getting back, my adventure is just beginning. What a struggle, first no response from the High Commission, then the task of finding me another placement, but Larissa and my fairy godmother came through for me. Then the Indian Consulate wouldn't give me a visa...thanks to my parents Pakistani heritage. To them it didn't matter that I was born in Canada, or that my parents had been citizens for 30 years, because I checked "yes" in that little box, my wait time went from 3-5 business days to 6 weeks! The wait was long, but my patience (which if you know me, you know I have very little of) paid off :D I landed in Delhi on Friday, and the first thing you notice is the overbearing eruption of horns honking. It's been an adjustment, and no matter how many people you talk to, and how prepared you think you are...your not. It hits you hard, culture shock, jet lag whatever you want to call it - when it hits, it hurts. It took me about 2 days to adjust, to get used to the sharp reality check that I am not in Toronto anymore, but now that I'm adjusted, I really like it here!. It's my first day at work, not too much to do, but I can tell this is going to be an amazing experience! P.S I already saw the Taj Mahal - breathtakingly beautiful :D

stay tuned...more to come xoxo Farah

No comments:

Post a Comment